Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Canyon images and off to Fountain Hills!

Here are several more images from my Grand Canyon trip. They were both taken on Tuesday afternoon as I watched storm clouds roll across the north rim. The photo above was taken from Yavapai Point looking to the northwest. I used my 100-400mm lens at about 160mm. Most scenics are taken with wider angle lenses but I have always liked isolating a small section of a scene with a telephoto.

This next image is a vertical version of one I posted the other day. It includes more snow in the foreground. I really like the soft pastel look of the light at that time of day. When I am able to process more images from the trip I will post them. However, the next three days will be spent at the Fountain Hills Great Fair which is northeast of Phoenix. I set my booth up this evening. The program says more than 500 artists are in the show. Wow! I have never participated in one with that many artists. Not even close. I hope there is enough art being bought to send us all home with a smile.
I do have a good look at the Fountain in Fountain Hills. Behind my booth on Saguaro Drive is a large lake. The Fountain is out in the middle of the lake. It is more like a man made geyser which goes off every hour. I was told it shoots water about 400 feet into the air. A very big, impressive geyser. I may take my camera to the show one day to get a shot of it. It looked kinda neat at sunset with the mountains behind it.
Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment