Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Monday, January 19, 2009

One of my images gets "BetterPhoto Photo of the Day"

Well, I just checked my email this morning and in it was a congratulatory email from BetterPhoto.com. They chose my image "Sandstone Swirls" as their "Photo of the Day". You can see it at http://www.betterphoto.com/POTDarchive2.asp?ID=1589 . I also have a gallery of images on this web site which can be seen at http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=111011&mp=V1
"Sandstone Swirls" is also the same image on my web site which is called "Coyote Buttes Sunset". You are probably wondering the same thing that I am sitting here wondering...why didn't you just call it the same thing on both web sites? I don't know. Senior moment I guess.
I had a couple of images from my recent road trip I was ready to put here today. So here they are.

This was taken where Route 66 crosses the South Canadian River west of El Reno, Oklahoma. A sign says the bridge is 3944.33 feet long. It was completed July 1, 1933. We shot the bridge from both ends but the light and the sky seemed a little better from this end. We stopped the car just on the other side of the bridge and pulled over on the shoulder. Near us was a sign that said "no parking on shoulder" or something to that effect. About 30 yards in front of the car was one of those roadside memorials with the crosses and flowers. I joked to Gary "that is for the last photographers that stopped here".







This was taken in the Route 66 Museum in Clinton, Oklahoma. It contained many of the things you would expect...old cars, signs, pictures of the 40's and 50's. We took our cameras in the museum with us but we left our tripods in the car. To get this image, which required about a 4 second exposure, I set the camera on a counter top and composed the scene. It was as steady as a tripod but not as versatile for aiming and composing.

Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment