Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A mural of "The Legendary Road"

Tucumcari Mural

While in Tucaumcari, New Mexico last week we came upon this mural which was painted on the side of a building. I estimate the length of it to be around 100 feet and the height around 17 feet. I have stitched images together before but not quite the way I did this one. Instead of shooting 7 images from a tripod and rotating the head each time, I hand held the images and moved about 12 feet to the side after each exposure. This kept the perspective from getting way out of control as it would have if they were all shot from a stationary tripod. After the 7 images were stitched together in Photoshop it still needed a ton of work. It was still not very square. I had to blend the overlaps better so they wouldn't show, and I also had to clone in some stuff to finish out the areas above and below the mural. The file size is quite large, about 640MB after the layers were flattened. It was over 2 gig before that.
The Artists

This is down in the bottom left corner of the mural. I assume that this is the artists that painted and did such a wonderful job on it. My own work is copyright protected and I'm sure their murals are too. Therefore, I would never try and sell this image without the artists permission. If you need a big mural painted though, give them a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment