Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let's do this again!


Lakewood Theater #2

I had lunch with a couple of friends of mine today at the Garden Cafe where I have exhibited my work before. When I mentioned the Lakewood Theater, which is near by, they told me that there was going to be a football watching party there tonight. Hmmmm....It will be 75 degrees today and I going to take advantage of the nice weather and go hit some golf balls, but I could throw the camera gear in the truck and swing by the Lakewood Theater about 5:30. I figure I have about a 30 minute period from 5:45 to 6:15 when the light is at its best. I show up on schedule but at 5:30 they don't have the lights on. At 5:45 they don't have the lights on. Turn the dang lights on! I'm not getting out of the vehicle with the tripod until I can start shooting. At 5:59 they come on and I jump out, set up the tripod, compose and fire off 6 different exposures. I move over the tripod, re-compose and shoot 6 more exposures. These are the images I used. When I started to shoot more images from a slightly different spot, a ladder is quickly put up right in the middle of the entrance. A man climbs up it and begins fiddling with some wires. Then several more men come out and they pull a screen down which soon begins showing football highlights. At 6:15 all I get is black for sky even with the longer exposures. Actually it is black with some unappealing fog and flare from the lights. My 15 minutes of picture taking is over for the day. After getting back home I will spend more time than that on the computer processing this image. Even though I would have liked to have had 3 0r 4 successful compositions, I'm pretty happy with the results.
Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment