Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Saturday, January 2, 2010

I've Given Myself a Project for the New Year!



First, let me wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope 2010 brings great things for all of you. For myself I have started a new project. I call it Twenty Nights in Twenty Days. My goal is to go out and find something cool to photograph every evening for twenty days. I'm not taking a trip to Europe, Mexico, or the Desert Southwest...just driving from my house and searching for photos. My primary goal will be to photograph after dark but I may not completely stick to that rule. You might think I already photograph everyday, but that is just not the case. I spend a great deal of my time out of town at shows. In between the shows I spend a lot of time printing inventory or editing images from previous photo excursions. Since it is eight weeks until my first show, I have time to focus on a project like this. I also plan to put some of the previous evenings images on the blog each day. Be sure and follow my progress!


On New Years Day I drove out to Rockwall, Texas to begin my search for photos. I did find a park with an old windmill but nothing I was really excited about. On the way back I stopped and photographed sunset at an area of Lake Ray Hubbard that I had spotted while driving to Rockwall. The wind was calm and there was some good reflections, but still no winners. I decided to stop by the Square in Garland before heading home. The top image was taken at Paw Paw's, a small cafe just of the square that I had never noticed before. The second image was taken through one of the cafe's windows. The last shot was another cafe several blocks away called Hubbard's. I have had lunch there before but not sure if I had ever driven by at night and noticed the lighting. Speaking of food, this is when I headed back home for some dinner.

2 comments: