Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Greetings from Moab, Utah!

Boy, the last few days have been hectic. I finished up at the Deep Ellum show on Sunday. My wife and I jumped on a plane Monday morning and flew to Grand Junction, Colorado. We then drove to Dead Horse Point State Park near Moab, Utah and camped out. I photographed the first image at sunset. It is a view of the La Sal Mountains from the Park. The next morning I got up and photographed a bend of the Colorado River from Dead Horse Point. We then spent a night in the Needles area of Canyonlands National Park. After leaving Canyonlands yesterday, we drove to Moab and spent a night in a hotel. I did need to charge batteries, check email, download my images, and spend some time on the internet. We did not have any electricity at the campgrounds and battery life on my laptop is limited.







Yesterday evening we drove through Arches National Park and hiked in an area called The Windows. For my sunset photography we drove about 25 miles east of town to Photograph the Fisher Towers with the La Sal Mountains as a backdrop. We got there just in time to get some nice light before it ended for the day. As we drove away in the approaching darkness, we got a view of a full moon rising over the towers. We drive to Goblin Valley today which is about 100 miles from Moab and right in the middle of knowhere. I will post again when I can.
Clark




1 comment: