Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gooey Memories?

I was talking with another photographer at the show last weekend. He said that we are really just selling Gooey Memories to our customers. I just smiled and chuckled to myself. In his case that is probably true but I hope there are other reasons why people buy my work. Many times people will tell me I have a good eye. I think what they are saying is that I see and create images that make the subject matter look its best. Good composition has a lot to do with what you include or don't include in the image. The lighting will also contribute to the success of an image. Great lighting can turn an ordinary scene into the extraordinary. Poor lighting can make an otherwise great image look boring. I also hope my digital darkroom and printing skills have a lot to do with why people like my work. This is where the final interpretation of a subject takes place and it can make or break the final image. The image today is a little different rendition of Storm Over the North Rim than the one I posted a few weeks ago. It does a good job of representing my Gooey Memory of that afternoon at the Grand Canyon.
Friday morning I set up for the Deep Ellum Arts Festival which will be held Friday thru Sunday. I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with it tomorrow. The weather guys said we may have gusts up to 50 MPH. I sure hope it dies down by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment