Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where were you 40 years ago?

Forty years ago I was getting ready to start my senior year in high school. I grew up in the fairly upscale North Dallas neighborhood of Preston Hollow. My father was a well respected surgeon at Baylor Hospital. I was a captain of the Golf Team, a cheerleader, and class favorite. Life was good! Hillcrest High School Seniors 70!
I didn't know much about Woodstock until the movie was released March 26, 1970. I'm not sure when the Soundtrack (album) was released but I owned one and listened to it about a jillion times. It's still out in the garage with all my other records, but no way to play them right now. I also saw the movie a bunch of times and just programmed to record it tonight between 10pm and 2AM. I can't wait. Have you ever noticed how the music of a period brings back so many other memories from that time? If its good memories then its a good thing.
Soooooooo. What was your favorite performance at Woodstock? After seeing this I may have to go with Joe Cocker. http://www.elwp.com/Joe%20Cocker.html
It's dang funny if nothing else. Realistically though, I'm not sure I could just pick one. The Who, Hendrix, Santana's "Soul Sacrifice", Country Joe's "The Fish Cheer"? I probably have a soft spot for Ten Years Afters's "I'm Goin' Home" because I could lip sink and air guitar the whole thing to perfection.
Check this out also. http://bit.ly/4DZFQl After all, this is a photography blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I can still remember when we were going fishing early in the morning driving to the lake and we would be blasting that 8 track all they way!!!

    ReplyDelete