Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A few more days in Colorado!

Today was the first day of the Frisco Art Festival. Set up started at 5:00am and I have been up since 4:45am. Why I'm still awake is a mystery to me, but I did have a few images from this trip I wanted to post. The top one is from Maroon Bells near Aspen. We drove there on Wednesday morning for a shoot. Not many clouds but other than that it was pretty good conditions. On Thursday evening we went to the Shrine Mountain Pass where I shot the panoramic image below. It was one of those evenings where I set my camera in position and then waited for the light to do something neat. The sky clouded up and looked like nothing would happen at sunset. Suddenly, the sun hit the distant mountains. It only lasted for about a minute. I was shooting a series of six images to stitch together and created what you see below.
We stayed several days at the Gore Creek campground just outside of Vail. Lots of flowers and aspens nearby. The image below was created by zooming the lens and vertically panning the camera during a one second exposure.
After the show today my brother and I spent some time photographing two old trucks and a couple of old log cabins. And where were they were located? Behind the porta-potties. The trucks looked like they had been sitting and deteriorating for years. This license plate is a year older than I am. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment