Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Friday, January 28, 2011

My work on display at the Gardan Cafe!

On Monday I set up a display of my work at the Garden Cafe. This East Dallas eatery is open 6 days a week for breakfast and lunch. My work will showcased until March.


One of the my new images shown will be "Five Clay Pots". Instead of presenting this on canvas without a frame I have printed this one on a heavy photo paper. The paper was mounted to gator board, given a clear UV coating, and then put in a classy walnut burl frame with linen liner. I really like this look and will do other images this way.

 Five Clay Pots
 
 I also have five pastels on display.When I was 6 years old I took some pastel lessons from an artist that lived down the street from our house. Over the years I haven't worked with them very much but recently I have picked them back up. I think its a talent that I need to spend a little more time on and give it a chance to mature. What do you think?

 Sea Oats and Sand Dunes
Pastel on sanded paper!

2 comments:

  1. Clark, can you report any return on your investment, displaying prints at the cafe? There is certainly a bit of work on your part to assemble a display like this. Did you sell any prints or attain a measurable exposure for your work?
    - Kevin D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin,
      I sell my work at art shows so I already had the work that I displayed. It actually was nice to have it hanging somewhere during my slow time of the year instead of stored at the house. Last year I sold one black and white framed print. Other years I have sold one or two large canvas. That is usually about all you can hope for when you show at a restaurant, office, library... etc.

      Delete