Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Texas Wildflowers!

I recently spent a couple of days exploring the Texas Hill Country and photographing the wildflowers. A rainy winter and spring has created one of the most colorful displays that we have had in years. Several of my favorite locations were as good as I have seen them.


The area around Burnet, Llano, and Marble Falls had an abundance of bluebonnet and paintbrush. I particularly liked hiking and photographing the trails in Inks Lake State Park. There is always a good mix of roads, trails, cactus, and rocks to compliment the flowers in my photographs. It is also a much more enjoyable experience than pulling off the side of the highway and photographing the flowers. I can't wait until next year.




3 comments:

  1. Some beautiful images! Looks like I need to hit Inks Lake next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. I've been in the area, but NOT when the flowers have looked this good. Inks Lake State Park sounds interesting. Was the first photo taken there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo was not taken at Ink's Lake. It was just west of Lake Buchanan off a side road. The last two were at Ink's Lake.

    ReplyDelete