Home ....... Galleries....... About Me ....... FAQ'S....... About Me ...... Schedule ....... Contact ....... My Lightbox ....... My Cart ..... . My Account

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Few Extra Days in Omaha!

My visits to Omaha, Nebraska have usually been short ones. I arrive in town and set up for the Omaha Summer Arts Festival. Immediately after the show I must head back home. I have never been able to leave myself time to see or photograph any of the city. That changed this year. I was at the Mulvane Art Fair last weekend in Topeka, Kansas. It made more sense to drive to Omaha on Monday instead of driving home. I would have had to drive right back where I just came from on Wednesday. 



I spent Monday evening exploring a few areas and took a few pictures, but mainly I was trying to decide where I could shoot the Transit of Venus on Tuesday. The Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge was one of the things I wanted to shoot while in town anyway and I realized the people on the bridge would make perfect silhouettes for the setting sun during the transit. Several of the images worked out quite well. As soon as the sun set I quickly headed to the rivers edge to photograph the bridge with downtown Omaha behind it.


On Wednesday evening I arrived downtown a little before sunset in order to check out a few locations I had in mind. Several of my favorites are included below. The skyline reflected in the water is within a few hundred yards of where my booth will be located in this weekends show. The statues and sculpture are in front of the CenturyLink Center.




No comments:

Post a Comment